Mount Kenya Climb, Kenya The Affordable Way - Timau Route
There is no specific fitness preparation regime you need to follow to be
successful on a Mt. Kenya trek. We will be walking purposely slow to acclimatise to the altitude. Mt.
Kenya is quite a unique mountain, known for its steep faces and rapidly rising altitude, so it pays to go
slow. If you are a regular walker and are moderately fit I foresee no problems in the ascent and a regular
routine of jogging, cycling or walking three times a week will help with your fitness.
Included in the Price
• Transportation: Included to and from JKIA
•Meals:- All meals are included. Tasty Kenyan food mixed with traditional western style food is served daily. Please be aware menus on Mt. Kenya are simple, nutritious and well balanced to provide the energy required forthe ascent. Packed lunches during the day to be carried.
• Internationally qualified guides on for all activities
• Mountain Hardware Space Station x 2
• 3/4 Season Mountain Tents
• Insulated mountain sleeping pad
• All food and eating equipment
• Additional Kenyan support staff for camp
• Team of porters to carry personal luggage
• Four wheel drive vehicle stationed at Sirimon Park Gate for immediate response
• RVA mountain rescue team on standby with
• KWS mountain rescue team
• One free piece of hire equipment (e.g. sleeping bag, rain jacket, etc) is included.
Excluded at this Price
• Some form of travel medical insurance is mandatory - Park, conservation fees and tips are not included in price.
• Activities, items and extra meals no mentioned in the inclusions.