Your Indulgent Philanthropic Safari in Kenya
Nairobi • Nakuru • Laikipia • Masai Mara • Diani
House of Waine is the project of a wonderful up-country African family. A few years ago they were inspired by their grandfather to do something together and brought an old house which they turned into a boutique hotel. They were perplexed when it came to the name and merely used their initials. It is a wonderful place to stay and very close to the shops and attractions of the Karen/Langata area. Spend a day touring one of the largest slums in Africa: Kibera and see the work of One Horizon.
Lake Elementaita Serena Camp is evocatively styled to echo the area’s rich history, the camp blends aristocratic elegance with modern luxury and will offer cuisine and service of fittingly high standards. Spend a day with the Santana Charitable Trust in nearby GilGil and understand their work with some of the local street children.
Mara West Camp’s owner and manager, moved to Kenya 15 years ago to set up an project in the Masai Mara. He eventually settled on top of the much desired Oloololo Ridge and started building schools and clinics for the local villages in the area. Soon Andrew had volunteers coming to assist him in the clinics and other projects who were in need of the very finest in comfort and luxury, so he hand-built, himself, the Mara West Luxurious Chalets. Today guests from all over the world to appreciate the magnificence of Mara West, the splendour of the Masai Mara and to see the fantastic work that Andrew and his team have done for the neighbouring communities.
Campi ya Kanzi has two goals: to treat you to the most memorable holiday of your life, whilst helping the Maasai preserve their wildlife and cultural heritage. Here you will experience true ethical and solidarity tourism. State of the art technologies have been used to make the least impact on the environment: water comes from rain cropping, electricity from 120 photovoltaic panels, hot water from solar panels, food is cooked using an eco-friendly charcoal, but most importantly the lodge is a partnership with the Maasai local community.
USD Per Adult7,839
This quote is based on six people sharing three rooms.
Why Not Extend Your Holiday ?Onto the Beach … if you like?:
Kinondo Kwetu owes much of its charm to its surrounding community and the Kinondo village, from where many among the staff are recruited. To have a respectful interaction with the community is of great importance to the owners. That is why they have established the Kinondo Kwetu Trust fund, whose main purposes are to provide health care to the villagers and to support the education of children.
USD Per Adult2,890
Included in the Price
• Meet and greet on arrival at JKIA.
• All ground transportation and flights.
• Half board accommodation at House of Waine.
• Full day tour of Nairobi including: AFEW Giraffe Centre, Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, shopping and lunch at Matbronze wildlife art gallery.
• Full day with One Horizon in Kibera.
• Full board accommodation at Elmenteita Serena.
• Full day with Santana Trust in GilGil.
• Full board accommodation and drinks at Mara West.
• Involvement with community projects around Mara West and Campi ya Kanzi.
• Full board accommodation and drinks at Campi ya Kanzi.
• Park, reserve & conservation fees.
• Flying Doctors Medical emergency evacuation.
• All applicable taxes and administration fees.
Excluded at this Price
• International flights and visas.
• Lunch and drinks in Nairobi.
• Drinks at Elementeita Serena.
• Hot Air Balloon safari in the Masai Mara.
• Guides fluent in other languages for an extra cost.
• Extra activities and excursions.
• Expenses of a personal nature and tips.
• Bank fees for USD and KShs payments.
• Travel and medical insurance.